By: Carrie Batson
Is your squad in need of a more professional look on the sidelines? Do you or your squad wish that your fans or players would take you more seriously? You can help your squad look more polished by following these 5 simple tips!
- Make sure everyone is wearing their hair the same way, preferably pulled back away from the face with a bow from Cheerleading Company! Hair in your cheerleaders’ face is messy and distracting, while a pulled back style allows them to jump, stunt and dance without worrying about their hair.
- Make sure everyone is dressed the same! This may seem like a no brainer, but all of your squad should match at all times. No one person should be wearing anything extra (or anything less) than anyone else- meaning everyone should wear halftops/sweatshirts/leggings, etc. if that is what you have chosen. This small rule helps your squad look unified and professional. Imagine if a football or basketball team let one player wear a different uniform…no way would that happen! Don’t let it happen to your team!
- Keep the sidelines neat. Your fans do not want to see trash, extra clothing, or anything else strewn about and underneath the cheerleaders’ feet! Designate an area for cheer bags, poms, megaphones, etc. so your sidelines stay clean and presentable.
- No practicing on the sidelines! The sideline is your stage. Don’t let your cheerleaders practice unknown cheers, chants or stunts- that is what practice is for! Instead limit your sideline cheers to things your squad has mastered.
- Know that your squad is ALWAYS on display! Do not let them project a negative image by looking or acting bored or playing around. Instead, keep them focused on the game and their enthusiasm for the crowd!